U2-MOFO
Cadastre-se e realize o login para poder ter acesso a todo o fórum.

É simples e gratuito!

Participe do fórum, é rápido e fácil

U2-MOFO
Cadastre-se e realize o login para poder ter acesso a todo o fórum.

É simples e gratuito!
U2-MOFO
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.
Procurar

Resultados por:

Rechercher Pesquisa avançada

Últimos assuntos
» 2010 New Songs, IEM Recording Compilation
Matérias e Artigos - Página 12 I_icon_minitimeSeg 23 Jul 2012, 9:16 am por ugo maia fernandes

» U22 - Download
Matérias e Artigos - Página 12 I_icon_minitimeTer 19 Jun 2012, 3:42 am por AdrielMuniz

» The best of Bono (3)
Matérias e Artigos - Página 12 I_icon_minitimeDom 03 Jun 2012, 9:11 pm por Hellen Maristani

» Bono and the Edge "Original of the Species" (acoustic)
Matérias e Artigos - Página 12 I_icon_minitimeQua 02 maio 2012, 9:02 pm por Achtungzoo

» The best of Adam (3)
Matérias e Artigos - Página 12 I_icon_minitimeSáb 28 Abr 2012, 10:49 pm por Mari

» MacPhisto Transcripts
Matérias e Artigos - Página 12 I_icon_minitimeSáb 28 Abr 2012, 10:35 pm por Mari

» 2011-05-14 - Mexico City - Azteca Stadium (IEM Edge Stereo)
Matérias e Artigos - Página 12 I_icon_minitimeQua 18 Abr 2012, 3:48 pm por Cris Clayton

» Links do Youtube !!!!
Matérias e Artigos - Página 12 I_icon_minitimeSeg 16 Abr 2012, 9:43 pm por Achtungzoo

» “Into the heart” – The stories behind every U2 songs
Matérias e Artigos - Página 12 I_icon_minitimeQua 01 Fev 2012, 9:22 am por AdrielMuniz

Navegação
 Portal
 Índice
 Membros
 FAQ
 Buscar

Matérias e Artigos

+20
Dmitra
Cris Clayton
Nadia Pacheco
ritaloveu2
Beterraba
Robson
Achtungzoo
Andréia Hewson!!!
Binha
Ju
NoneTheWiser
Gigi
Aninha
Fly_rui
Zooropa
Mari
Adri
Cat Dubh
Equipe Mofo
MG
24 participantes

Página 12 de 16 Anterior  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Seguinte

Ir para baixo

Matérias e Artigos - Página 12 Empty Matérias e Artigos

Mensagem por MG Sáb 06 Set 2008, 3:49 pm

Relembrando a primeira mensagem :

Matérias e artigos de revistas, jornais etc, que não estejam diretamente relacionadas com a banda, mas com alguma conotação pessoal.

:sorriso:
MG
MG
Moderador - MOFADO!
Moderador - MOFADO!

Número de Mensagens : 11739
: : : We're free to fly the crimson sky. The sun won't melt our wings tonight!

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Matérias e Artigos - Página 12 Empty Re: Matérias e Artigos

Mensagem por MG Sáb 18 Jul 2009, 1:51 pm

Receita de sucesso do U2 é o ego do grupo, dizem Bono e The Edge

Os integrantes do U2 já estão juntos há mais de 30 anos. Ninguém da formação original se separou nem deixou o grupo em segundo plano para perseguir outros projetos.

Em depoimento publicado no site Contact Music, Bono e The Edge dizem que isso só foi possível devido ao ego do grupo.

"Larry [baterista] começou a banda, então a considera sua. Adam [baixista] foi o primeiro empresário, por isso também pensa que a banda é sua. Sem falar que Bono também considera que a banda lhe pertence. A verdade é que, modéstia à parte, a banda é minha", brinca o guitarrista The Edge.

Bono explica que pensar assim é necessário quando se está em uma banda e que no caso do U2 isso dá certo porque "o ego do grupo é maior do que os individuais".

O vocalista ainda disse que a composição das músicas é dividida por todos integrantes desde quando começaram, por isso "as pessoas não parecem se importar em saber de quem é a ideia ou quem escreveu uma determinada música, desde que seja a melhor ideia".

Atualmente, o U2 realiza a turnê "360º" pela Europa. Em setembro e outubro, o grupo passa pela América do Norte.

[Tens de ter uma conta e sessão iniciada para poderes visualizar este link]
MG
MG
Moderador - MOFADO!
Moderador - MOFADO!

Mensagem por Andréia Hewson!!! Sáb 18 Jul 2009, 2:18 pm

Se depender só do ego do Bono )) :assov:
:aeee:
Andréia Hewson!!!
Andréia Hewson!!!
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Número de Mensagens : 11330
: : : \"I don't want to talk about wars between nations\"

Mensagem por Beterraba Dom 19 Jul 2009, 9:09 am

eu sempre soube que o Edge que era o dono da banda ))
Beterraba
Beterraba
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Número de Mensagens : 7708
: : : Live Long and Prosper

http://meadiciona.com/beterrabamutante/

Mensagem por Beterraba Sáb 25 Jul 2009, 8:06 am

AllMusic MARCH 1, 2009 - by Stephen Thomas Erlewine

U2: NO LINE ON THE HORIZON

A rock ∓ roll open secret: U2 care very much about what other people say about them. Ever since they hit the big time in 1987 with The Joshua Tree, every album is a response to the last - rather, a response to the response, a way to correct the mistakes of the last album: Achtung Baby erased the roots rock experiment Rattle And Hum, All That You Can't Leave Behind straightened out the fumbling Pop, and 2009's No Line On The Horizon is a riposte to the suggestion they played it too safe on 2004's How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. After recording two new cuts with Rick Rubin for the '06 compilation U218 and flirting with will.i.am, U2 reunited with Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois (here billed as "Danny" for some reason), who not only produced The Joshua Tree but pointed the group toward aural architecture on The Unforgettable Fire.

Much like All That You Can't Leave Behind and How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, which were largely recorded with their first producer, Steve Lillywhite, this is a return to the familiar for U2, but where their Lillywhite LPs are characterised by muscle, the Eno/Lanois records are where the band take risks, and so it is here that U2 attempts to recapture that spacy, mysterious atmosphere of The Unforgettable Fire and then take it further.

Contrary to the suggestion of the clanking, sputtering first single Get On Your Boots - its riffs and Pump It Up chant sounding like a cheap mash-up stitched together in GarageBand - this isn't a garish, gaudy electro-dalliance in the vein of Pop. Apart from a stilted middle section - Get On Your Boots, the ham-fisted white-boy funk Stand Up Comedy, and the not-nearly-as-bad-as-its-title anthem I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight; tellingly, the only three songs here to not bear co-writing credits from Eno and Lanois - No Line On The Horizon is all austere grey tones and mid-tempo meditation.

It's a record that yearns to be intimate but U2 don't do intimate, they only do majestic, or as Bono sings on one of the albums best tracks, they do Magnificent. Here, as on No Line On The Horizon and Breathe, U2 strike that unmistakable blend of soaring, widescreen sonics and unflinching open-hearted emotion that's been their trademark, turning the intimate into something hauntingly universal.

These songs resonate deeper and longer than anything on How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, their grandeur almost seeming effortless. It's the rest of the record that illustrates how difficult it is to sound so magnificent. With the exception of that strained middle triptych, the rest of the album is in the vein of No Line On The Horizon, Magnificent and Breathe, only quieter and unfocused, with its ideas drifting instead of gelling.

Too often, the album whispers in a murmur so quiet it's quite easy to ignore - White As Snow, an adaptation of a traditional folk tune, and Cedars Of Lebanon, its verses not much more than a recitation, simmer so slowly they seem to evaporate - but at least these poorly defined subtleties sustain the hazily melancholy mood of No Line On The Horizon.

When U2, Eno, and Lanois push too hard - the ill-begotten techno-speak overload of Unknown Caller, the sound sculpture of Fez - Being Born - the ideas collapse like a pyramid of cards, the confusion amplifying the aimless stretches of the album, turning it into a murky muddle.

Upon first listen, No Line On The Horizon seems as if it would be a classic grower, an album that makes sense with repeated spins, but that repetition only makes the album more elusive, revealing not that U2 went into the studio with a dense, complicated blueprint, but rather, they had no plan at all.

_
Fonte: [Tens de ter uma conta e sessão iniciada para poderes visualizar este link]
na verdade peguei uma twittada do brian Eno mais cedo: [Tens de ter uma conta e sessão iniciada para poderes visualizar este link]

o background do twitter dele me faz rir MUITO
Beterraba
Beterraba
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por MG Qua 19 Ago 2009, 9:35 pm

Bono pode perder visto permanente da Bósnia

by on August 19th, 2009

O cantor
Bono pode perder o direito de entrar e sair da Bósnia a qualquer momento. O
roqueiro ganhou um visto permanente do antigo presidente do país Alija
Izetbegovic, depois de se apresentar em Sarajevo em 1997. O atual governo da
Bósnia, contudo, está revendo as concessões feitas, por medida de segurança
nacional.

MG
MG
Moderador - MOFADO!
Moderador - MOFADO!

Mensagem por Andréia Hewson!!! Qui 20 Ago 2009, 2:25 pm

Tão com medo do Bono ser terrorista )) )) ))
Andréia Hewson!!!
Andréia Hewson!!!
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por Zooropa Dom 23 Ago 2009, 7:23 pm

Bono, do U2, empresta jatinho para o Coldplay ir à Noruega

O jatinho privado do Coldplay teria parado de funcionar logo quando eles começaram a rodar a Europa, de acordo com o Digital Spy.

O jato da banda de ‘Viva La Vida’ passou por problemas quando sobrevoava a Dinamarca. Para a banda não precisar locar uma nave particular, Bono, do U2, mandou seu próprio avião para levar o Coldplay à Noruega, onde eles fizeram um show.

Recentemente, o cantor do Coldplay Chris Martin anunciou que entrará em carreira solo.

UOL
Zooropa
Zooropa
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Número de Mensagens : 5568

Mensagem por tutu Dom 23 Ago 2009, 8:54 pm

Bono sobotou o avião quando emprestou a eles? :hmmmmmm: )) :vergonha:
tutu
tutu
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Número de Mensagens : 1813

Mensagem por Beterraba Seg 24 Ago 2009, 6:51 am

Eu acho isso tão..absurdo
tipo emprestar um jatinho como se fosse emprestar uma borracha sabe?
Beterraba
Beterraba
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por MG Seg 24 Ago 2009, 8:04 am

Mas pra ele é como uma borracha. Se for levar em consideração quanto a compra de uma borracha influencia no meu orçamento e quanto o preço da gasolina do jatinho influencia no orçamento do Bono chegaremos a algo bem próximo.
MG
MG
Moderador - MOFADO!
Moderador - MOFADO!

Mensagem por Beterraba Seg 24 Ago 2009, 8:16 am

Pois é,isso que eu acho absurdo
pra uns juntar dinheiro pra pagar aulas de direção e tirar carteira de motorista é a coisa mais absurda e distante da realidade do mundo
enquanto que pra outros emprestar jatinhos é a coisa mais normal do mundo
Beterraba
Beterraba
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por Andréia Hewson!!! Seg 24 Ago 2009, 2:24 pm

Emprestar jatinho para o Coldplay???????Só o Bono mesmo )) ))
O Chris vive falando mal dele...só falta acontecer o mesmo com o Oasis )) :affraid:
Andréia Hewson!!!
Andréia Hewson!!!
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por Cris Clayton Seg 05 Out 2009, 9:52 am

Helena Christiansen about u2

Translation of interview with supermodel Helena Christensen, in Danish music magazine GAFFA about her relationship with U2. From 2005 before U2 played in Parken, the Danish national stadium).

If you are one of the lucky people who got a ticket for Parken before the ticket site broke down – because of the explosive simultaneous interest to get tickets for the concert – there’s something to look forward to. U2 are at the top of their game and Denmark is their favorite place to play, according to Helena Christensen who recently checked out the band in New York and furthermore has followed the band through thick and thin over the last 10-15 years. GAFFA asked the questions and Denmark’s most beautiful model, photographer, actress, shop owner and rock ambassador gave the following enthusiastic answers about life with the biggest band in the world, on and off stage.

How did you meet U2 the first time?
It was in the South of France in the early nineties. I was with Michael (Hutchence, Helena’s late boyfriend from INXS, Ed.). We were invited to BBQ at Larry (Mullen JR, Ed.) and his wife’s house, with the rest of the band. I was in shock.

From the outside it seems that you’re closest to Bono. Is that true?
I am close to Bono and his family but I have actually spent a lot of time with all the band members and their families over the years, and that has been an amazing experience. They are all wonderful and crazy individuals.

How would you characterize the four band members?
Larry is the beautiful one. He seems quiet on first impression but he has a great and perverse sense of humor. Adam is completely his own person. An eccentric living in his own trippy world. Edge is wonderful, warm, open and easy to talk to, and always up for anything. Bono is a man of the world. He has a fantastic energy and charisma. A hypnotic personality. You get high from being in his company.

Backstage surrealism
How’s life with U2 backstage?
I have seen a lot through the years and it’s been a great ride since they’re one of the best live bands and really able to give it their all. That means that it becomes a somewhat surreal experience to be backstage and feel the intense energy.

Everyone wants to meet U2. Can they still relate to ‘normal’ people?
Yes. They are as they are through and through. They don’t treat people differently and give people they’re presented to their full attention regardless of status. Whether it’s my Danish friends or Nelson Mandela.

You come from the modeling environment and they come from the music world, but is there some common denominator that binds you together?
It’s definitely easier to talk with them about experiences that we’ve had as famous people. But actually we just end up laughing about it. Show business is really a world of its own, and being known is a little bizarre.

What’s the most important thing that connects you to U2?
It’s hard to answer. There’s a mutual respect and understanding and the same love for music…and of course the same corny sense of humor.

Shopping like crazy in Copenhagen
You have worked with the band as a photographer. How do they look through the camera lens?
They have a great energy about them and since I have been a fan of theirs for many years it’s a great experience to get to portray them. I followed them on one of their tours and was allowed to join them at their private moments before and after going on stage. On the Popmart tour in Miami I was all the way up front during the whole show and sat in the lemon with them when it went out over the audience and I had to pinch myself. Afterwards, when they had gotten out of the lemon I still sat there together with a member of crew and we drank whisky out of a small flask while the lemon swirled around and around for about half an hour.

One gets the impression that U2 really like Denmark. Is that true?
They really like Denmark and always try to stay for some extra days after having played a concert here. For me it’s a big honor to get to show them my home country. Especially to their wives and teenage daughters who are really excited about the shops here. They actually come to Copenhagen on weekend trips just to shop.

U2 has soon existed for 30 years. Is Bono about to leave the band and become a full time politician?
What are you talking about? U2 leave the music business? They’ll still be rocking when all the rest of us are sitting in our wheel chairs. Bono is a handyman and can overcome the most impossible situation.

Better at night than in daylight
U2 are now touring the world again. Did you see them recently at their concert in New York?
Yes, they had a cocktail party just after Madison Square Garden, where people like Salman Rushdie, Patti Smith, Julian Schnabel, Francesco Clement and P. Diddy had drinks. Afterwards we were a little group who went to The Spotted Pig with the band and their wives and teenage daughters, and there we munched on gorgonzola burgers.

How is the band doing?
They’re doing great. They really love being on tour. Bono is completely electric and in another world, and Larry still looks like a muscular 16-year-old. The Edge’s daughter has just been really ill but she’s better now. I know it’s been really hard for him but as usual he is the happiest and kindest man on earth… and Adam, he is just the epitome of decadent cool.

How is their ‘day shape’?
Not as good as their ‘night shape’… but if you mean their schedule, well, they’re touring Europe now and they are really looking forward to playing in Denmark, their favorite country to play in.

(don't know if you can say 'day shape' and 'night shape' in English but didn't know how else to translate it).

Were there any surprises in the set list in New York?
The played Vertigo twice (!) and a cover of Jean Genie (David Bowie, Ed.).

What can the audience expect in Parken?
I really think they’ll fucking rock the place because they know my grandmother and grandfather will be watching, so they’d better get it on.

Is Bono up to anything new and exciting?
He and his wife Ali (Hewson, Ed.) have a clothes-line, Edun (Nude spelled backwards) that is designed by the man behind the brand Rogan, and it’s all about clothes being made of organic fabrics and by people who are employed by factories that pay them well and treat them well (in third world countries, Ed.)…and then I think he’s doing some interesting video-games development – and a world tour!

Those were the words. There’s nothing more to say than have a great time in Parken. It’s going to be a blast.

Helena’s U2-highlights
Favorite song: October is a favorite but the song I listen to the most, is their cover version of Cole Porter’s Night And Day.
Favorite album: It has to be Boy, closely followed by The Joshua Tree.
Best concert. Popmart tour-concert in Miami, 1997.

Cris Clayton
Cris Clayton
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Número de Mensagens : 3076
: : : Let me in the sound!

Mensagem por Zooropa Dom 22 Nov 2009, 7:29 pm

BLOG DO FLAUSINO!
Todo verdadeiro criador sabe que nos momentos da criação alguma coisa de mais forte do que ele próprio lhe guia a mão. Todo verdadeiro escritor conhece os minutos em que exprime pelas palavras algo que tem mais força do que ele próprio. Toda arte, tenha-se consciência disso ou não, tem uma função política. Mas, em última instância, o que é que não tem função política?

domingo, 22 de novembro de 2009

Eu, Drummond, Bono, Madonna, roqueiros e minha concordância com o Tatá. Chega de barulho na cabeça dele!
Escrevi aí que Drummond era um poeta preguiçoso e que Guimarães Rosa era metafisicamente primitivo, mas com rococós para seduzir deslumbrados. Prefiro João Cabral de Melo Neto, Manuel Bandeira e Clarice Lispector. Recebi uns e-mail's de protesto. Aposto que a maioria, senão todos dos que me mandaram os e-mail's nunca leram um livro completo de Drummond e nem sabem ao menos qual era sua escola literária. Tudo conversa fiada. Iletrados profissionais. Aí em Carandaí, salvo minha sogra, e o professor Antônio Carlos, não conheço mais ninguém apto a discutir literatura.

Escrevo em um revista de Belo Horizonte. Lá o debate é melhor. Recebo vários e-mails também. Mas nenhum deles com a baixesa intelectual de Carandaí. Nessa revista, outro dia, escrevi que não conseguiria distinguir uma música do U2 de uma fatia de mortandela. Vários leitores protestaram. Não entendi. Disse apenas que não conheço U2.

Incidentalmente, já ouvi "Minha eguinha pocotó". Sei também quem é Carlinhos Brown. Inclusive, eu investigaria, por amor à especulação antropológica, a possível relação inversamente proporcional entre civilização e percussão. Mas mesmo tão sabido, eu reafirmo que sou incapaz de dizer: "isso é U2", assim como posso dizer, escutando um dos tenores: "isso é Placido Domingo, isso é Jose Carreras, ou, não, isso é Pavarotti".

Bono Vox, para mim, é só um idiota com óculos ridículos que vive pendurado em poderosos do BIRD ou do FMI cobrando ajuda para pobres. Rock, na minha concepção, é coisa de surdez ou de debilidade mental.

Na mesma revista que escrevo, também recebi protestos porque disse que nunca perderia meu tempo de ir a um show da Madonna e, quando Michael Jackson morreu, disse que já tinha morrido tarde. Para mim, é tudo tanto fez como tanto faz. Uma leitora escreveu: "ele não gosta do que a gente gosta e tem a ousadia de escrever isso". Ah, Esther, eu costumo escrever coisas bem piores, pode apostar. Madonna, Michael Jackson, U2 e companhia limitada, para mim, é coisa de débil mental. A esmagadora maioria das pessoas que escutam isso, nem sabem as letras, não sabem inglês. Aliás, não sabem nem português, porque os e-mail's chegam com centenas de erros gramaticais.

Passo boa parte do meu tempo lendo sobre Ciência Política, Direito Administrativo, Direito Eleitoral e Direito Constitucional. Tudo por causa do meu trabalho. Mas isso é uma perda de tempo. Agora vou me dedicar a esculhambar roqueiros e pacifistas. Os de Carandaí podem se preparar. Concordo com o Tatá, agora: morar do lado do Raíz de Minas com uma banda de rock urrando na cabeça, é o simulacro do inferno. (Agora o Tatá é meu tio, então vou sempre concordar com ele! hehehehe!!!). Também vou começar a falar mal de comida japonesa. Todo imbecil que se julga inteligente gosta de comida japonesa. Provarei que todos estão enganados.

Eis o cidadão

[Tens de ter uma conta e sessão iniciada para poderes visualizar esta imagem]

Podem comentar se quiserem:

Zooropa
Zooropa
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por Adri Dom 22 Nov 2009, 8:07 pm

O cara se achando... [Tens de ter uma conta e sessão iniciada para poderes visualizar esta imagem]
Quem não sabe inglês se vira meu nego!

Sou totalmente débil mental... [Tens de ter uma conta e sessão iniciada para poderes visualizar esta imagem]
Adri
Adri
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Número de Mensagens : 1577
: : : It's no secret that a conscience can sometimes be a pest...

http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Home.aspx

Mensagem por Beterraba Seg 23 Nov 2009, 6:31 am

1) O cara disse que não curte João Guimarães Rosa...MORTE AO FDP!
2) Baixesa intelectual de Carandaí?Aposto que falou isso por se tratar de cidade do interior....vai se f**** e pare de menosprezar os outros pq não concordam com sua opinião.

3) Que me desculpem os juristas,mas está explicdo o nível de imbecilidade do sujeito: lê coisas demais de Direto.Como eu sempre disse não existe nada pior do que um advogado (alias creio que só estudantes de direito),pois pensam que sabem de tudo

Aposto que esse cretino que se diz tão culto nunca passou da tercveira página do belíssimo Grande Sertão Veredas,mas não perderei meu tempo comentando pq ele quer causar não merece um simples palavra.
Beterraba
Beterraba
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por Beterraba Seg 23 Nov 2009, 6:34 am

Só acrescentando uma coisa que quase me esqueci,minha amiga natália criou a expressão exata para pessoas desse nível: PICAS.Ele não passa de um PICAS.

P.S.: PICAS = Pseudo Intelectual com Carência Afetiva Severa
Beterraba
Beterraba
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por Andréia Hewson!!! Qua 09 Dez 2009, 1:48 pm

In the name of friendship
Bono and ‘Brothers’ director Jim Sheridan share a bond.
By Geoff Boucher
December 9, 2009
[Tens de ter uma conta e sessão iniciada para poderes visualizar esta imagem]

In 1977, an Irish teenager named Paul Hewson signed up for mime lessons at the Project Arts Center in Dublin. It marked the very last time that Bono, as Hewson is called today, made any serious attempt to stay silent onstage. Still, that class at the avant-garde drama collective did lead to an enduring friendship between Bono and Jim Sheridan, the arts leader who would go on to become Ireland's most celebrated filmmaker. ¶ "We have this relationship with Jim that's alchemical," Bono said of the bond between the rock band and the six-time Oscar nominee, who so long ago ran a Dublin hot spot for acting, music and the arts. "The Arts Center was a sort of progressive theater group run by Jim and his brother, Peter, and all kinds of bizarre characters were there. I think the first time that we played as U2, it was at a thing called Dark Space, a 24-hour music festival in this sort of warehouse called the Project Arts Center. There's so much history for us. . . . " ¶ The next chapter of that history is "Brothers," Sheridan's wrenching film that features the haunting new U2 song "Winter," written specifically for the movie. The story finds its axis in family, war and redemption -- it's a sort of "Best Years of Our Lives" for the troops in this modern American Heartland era of Wal-Mart, hard-luck economies, YouTube and desert camouflage.

The movie, which opened Friday, tells the tale of the Cahill brothers, Sam ( Tobey Maguire), who is a family man and a respected battlefield leader in Afghanistan, and Tommy ( Jake Gyllenhaal), the family black sheep who is fresh from a stint in prison. Sam is married to Grace ( Natalie Portman), who first mourns her husband when he is reported dead in combat and then finds out that he is alive. The Marine who comes home to her, though, is very different than the man she married and carries a dark secret back from the distant mountain ranges.

The film is a remake of the acclaimed 2004 Danish film "Brødre," and Sheridan said he was initially reluctant to take "a very good film" and transport it to America, but he found in the story too many compelling elements to let the chance go by. Bono said he and the other members of U2 -- the Edge, Larry Mullen Jr. and Adam Clayton -- had been "fiddling around, improvising and trying to find something" in the same thematic territories.

"We saw the picture and we said, 'Oh, yeah,' that's exactly where we wanted to go," Bono said. "We quickly drew the character in 'Winter' and it's based -- in no literal way, you try not to do that -- on that moment in the film where [Maguire's character] is locked up, down in a hole. In my head, that character starts scratching a diary."

Some of the lyrics to "Winter": "Now I'm 25 / I'm trying to stay alive / In a corner of the world / With no clear enemies to fight / It's hot as hell / We're like butter on toast / But there's no army in this world / That can fight a ghost."

The shards of imagery fit the film but don't attempt to mirror it, Bono said.

"If you're literal, you become part of the narration and that can be an irritation to the director," he said. "I think with this we tried to get to the essence of the story the loss of innocence and the reasons that people do put themselves in harm's way for the love of their country. That's a pregnant thought right now, isn't it?"

Movies were a huge influence on U2 -- no surprise for anyone who has watched their career focus on concert theatrics, grand narratives and potent visuals through music videos and photography. If there ever were a band that aspired to be both art house and summer popcorn, it's U2, but that doesn't even take into account the influence film music had on a group that has created soundscapes as different as the western sunsets of "Joshua Tree" and the Berlin siren wails of "Achtung Baby."

Giorgio Moroder's "Midnight Express" score and the screen music of Nino Rota in Fellini films were key compass points for the band early on, as important in some ways as the Beatles and Ramones, Bono said.

"In Dublin, there weren't a lot of gigs, and going out to movies . . . that's part of who we were growing up and the music we made," Bono said. "It's very easy for us to see things from a director's point of view because we think of it like that," Bono said.

The great treat for Bono was escaping his usual first-person approach to songwriting. "It is great to not have to dig up your own dirt and try to find diamonds in somebody else's ground."

The Edge agreed: "Jumping off someone else's work is always fun. . . . It can lead to all sorts of opportunities and, in this case, they came quickly."

It's paid off for them before. Their song, "The Hands That Built America," from Martin Scorsese's "Gangs of New York," was nominated for an Oscar.

And it's not the first time a Sheridan film has featured the sound of old friends. The title track for "In the Name of the Father" was performed by Bono and Gavin Friday (another Dubliner from that same mime class' invisible walls). Friday and Bono also wrote "Time Enough for Tears" for "In America."

Sheridan also added U2 directly into the story of "Brothers" -- in one pivotal scene, Grace and Tommy have a breakthrough in their trust and affection for one another while sharing a joint and listening to "Bad," one of the band's mid-1980s classics of epic swoon. Tommy makes a wisecrack, expecting Grace to be an 'N Sync fan; Sheridan said he didn't think twice about the inclusion of his old mates.

"It felt right as far as their life and marking time, their age and the story," the director said. "It fits, so that's what I used. Their music is a touchstone for a generation."

Despite that praise, Bono said he and his bandmates didn't have to stretch their arms to catch all the bouquets that Sheridan threw their way on the project. He was demanding, just the way they hoped, just as he always has been.

"It's like family, but that makes it sound too . . . comfortable," Bono said with a chuckle. "It's not comfortable. Jim will push you and we like to be pushed. The film is about friendship and fraternal relationships and, by the way, when we're with Jim, we talk about little else."

Andréia Hewson!!!
Andréia Hewson!!!
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por MG Seg 11 Jan 2010, 8:03 pm

assov

Tom Cruise é eleito o baixinho mais sexy do mundo

Tom Cruise foi eleito o baixinho mais sexy do mundo em uma pesquisa feita por uma empresa de pesquisa de mercado com duas mil mulheres, informou nesta segunda-feira (11) o jornal “The Sun”.

O ator, que mede 1,70m, encabeça a lista que conta ainda com o piloto de Fórmula 1, Lewis Hamilton e o ator James McAvoy.

O ex-marido de Nicole Kidman – que chegou a declarar, na época da separação, que “finalmente poderia voltar a usar salto alto – deixou para trás baixinhos famosos como Bono (15ª posição) e Jack Black (16ª).

Confira a lista completa dos vinte baixinhos mais sexy:

1. Tom Cruise
2. Richard Hammond
3. Jamie Cullum
4. Lewis Hamilton
5. Mark Owen
6. James McAvoy
7.Michael Owen
8.Kelly Jones
9. Declan Donnelly
10.Robert Carlyle
11.Elijah Wood
12. Seth Green
13. Prince
14. Noel Edmonds
15. Bono
16. Jack Black
17. James Blunt
18. Ben Stiller
19. Jason Priestley
20. Leo Sayer

))

MG
MG
Moderador - MOFADO!
Moderador - MOFADO!

Mensagem por Andréia Hewson!!! Ter 12 Jan 2010, 1:08 pm

Essas mulheres americanas,não sabem escolher )) ))
Andréia Hewson!!!
Andréia Hewson!!!
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por Zooropa Qui 14 Jan 2010, 6:49 am

Eu adoro homens altos, na verdade eu tenho muita atração por homens altos mas na minha vida só apareceram baixinhos. )) Meu marido deve ser pouca coisa mais alto que o Bono. )) Pior é que eu não posso rir dele porque ele sempre vem com: "O Bono é mais baixo que eu". Droga! ))
Zooropa
Zooropa
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por Andréia Hewson!!! Qui 14 Jan 2010, 1:07 pm

Desculpa esfarrapada do seu marido,Zooropa )) )) )) ))
Andréia Hewson!!!
Andréia Hewson!!!
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por Beterraba Sex 15 Jan 2010, 6:18 am

Zooropa escreveu:Eu adoro homens altos, na verdade eu tenho muita atração por homens altos mas na minha vida só apareceram baixinhos. )) Meu marido deve ser pouca coisa mais alto que o Bono. )) Pior é que eu não posso rir dele porque ele sempre vem com: "O Bono é mais baixo que eu". Droga! ))

boa! muito boa!
))
meu ex falava algo parecido mas usando o cabelo ausente do Edge e sua vasta cabeleira ))
Beterraba
Beterraba
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por Zooropa Sex 15 Jan 2010, 11:22 am

Andréia Hewson!!! escreveu:Desculpa esfarrapada do seu marido,Zooropa )) )) )) ))

Não é não porque o Bono é mesmo mais baixo que ele, ele tem razão. )) A sorte é que alguns das minhas cobiças são altos, muito altos. Porque no que depende de Bono e marido assov )) Hugh só você pra me salvar com os seus 1.92 pra compensar a falta dos outros dois! )) )) ))
Zooropa
Zooropa
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por Andréia Hewson!!! Sex 15 Jan 2010, 1:06 pm

Zooropa escreveu:
Andréia Hewson!!! escreveu:Desculpa esfarrapada do seu marido,Zooropa )) )) )) ))

Não é não porque o Bono é mesmo mais baixo que ele, ele tem razão. )) A sorte é que alguns das minhas cobiças são altos, muito altos. Porque no que depende de Bono e marido assov )) Hugh só você pra me salvar com os seus 1.92 pra compensar a falta dos outros dois! )) )) ))
Ahhhhhh,tá....agora tá explicdo....sorte dele )) )) )) )) ))
Coitado do Bono perto do Hugh...o gigante e a formiga )) )) )) censurado
Andréia Hewson!!!
Andréia Hewson!!!
MOFADO!
MOFADO!

Mensagem por Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado